Monday, July 14, 2008

Nothing but 0s

What a week for the pitching staff. Pelfrey - again - outstanding. It's not as sudden as some would have us believe, but his consistency has been amazing. He's shown occasional glimpses of what he was capable of, but now I'm so confident when he's on the mound. I knew - KNEW - the game was over the second the ball left Beltran's bat. I never really doubted again.

If Pedro had gone 7 on Saturday I'd have nothing to worry about. However, his short outing is a concern. I'm not sure he can be relied on to remain healthy the rest of the season. And, if he goes down, we'll see ... El Duque? Maybe otherwise we'll see ...? Armas is out injured. Is Claudio Vargas still hanging around New Orleans? I don't even know.

Reyes should be on the All Star Team. No question. The NL Players are worse than the fans as choosing Ramirez was not outrageous, but Tejada and Guzman? Give me a break.