Thursday, June 19, 2008

I was going to abandon this, but won't for now

It's got nothing to do with Willie being fired. I just find I don't have the time I used to have to write here. I'm still listening to the games, although - believe it or not - I ran out of time for last night's game during the bottom of the 9th. I found out the score from the NYTimes web site.

I was not happy with the way the Mets handled the Willie firing, but it was hardly unexpected. Reading Randolph's comments yesterday in the NY Times has me wondering if he was just feeling too sorry for himself to get this team in gear. We'll see.

By the way, didn't the Angels do a TERRIBLE job of running the bases in this series?

And for all you doubters out there, I'll say it again. Wayne's not that bad. He knows the game. His tone and manner can get on my nerves at times, but I have to admit that I'm beginning to like listening to him and Howie together. They're both critically supportive, which is how I like my announcers.