Saturday, May 10, 2008

Colorado 4 - San Diego 2

Last night's rainout left me 'free' this morning, so I chose the game from Petco. Why? Because Aaron Cook is on my fantasy team (I'm having a good year so far). Cook has been incredible this season. 6-1 so far and he seems to go 7 each start. He doesn't strike too many out, but he gets people out and that's the name of the game.

Last night he struggled with his control - 4 walks - but you can get away with that against SD. Boy, they really can't hit. Yesterday they cut Jim Edmonds, who they signed during the off-season to replace Mike Cameron. I wonder if they regret letting him go? Probably not seeing as he was out for 25 games with a drug suspension and he's hitting .195 since.

They're also not in any hurry to bring up their best outfield prospect, Chase Headley. Former Met minor leaguer Jason Huber is getting some playing time, but he's not hitting either.