Sunday, May 11, 2008

Nightcap - Mets miss bedtime.

Howie wasn't doing the second game so I decided to listen to the Reds' broadcast, something I rarely do. I kind of like Marty Brennaman and Jeff Brantley. They're definitely rooting for the Reds, particularly Brennaman, but they're honest too. Brantley's not a bad analyst, but he's terrible as play-by-play, which he does for a few innings each game.

Brennaman praised the Shea cleaning crew for getting the stadium ready for the night game. Later, however, Brennaman described Shea as "the biggest dump in baseball" as he introduced my favorite sportswriter, John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer. That cost Brennaman brownie points with me.

Anyway, the Mets sure did not show up to play in the second game, did they? Uggh. Getting only 1 run of Arroyo, who's been like BP for the rest of the league this year.

Brantley described Keppinger as a "hitting machine" early on and did he ever live up to that with is 4 hits during the game.