Thursday, May 8, 2008

Philadelphia 5 - Arizona 4

No Met game last night (due to the day game) so I listened to Philadelphia at Arizona.

I don't know why I take part in fantasy baseball. It only serves to create a lot more potential sources of frustration. Take last night, for example.

A pitcher on my team - Michah Owings - is in line to pick up a win, but then Arizona catcher Chris Snyder flubs a strike three and Victorino reaches and that opens the way for 2 big 8th inning runs that erase the D'backs' lead. So, my guy doesn't get the win.

On top of that, I have to endure a Philadelphia win when I was rooting for them to lose. Uggh.

Us Met fans think our firstbaseman is causing us trouble, imagine what it's like for Phillies fans? Howard is really, really struggling. He's not hitting and he's misplaying simple plays in the field too. Despite that, Philadelphia's winning fairly consistently and without Rollins too. Could be trouble ahead.

There was a mighty collision between Victorino and Conor Jackson on that flubbed K. Jackson had to leave the game. Will want to see what that looks like, but it sure sounded pretty bad. Arizona without Hudson and Jackson is not the team they are with them, but that didn't temper Scott Franzke's excitement when Philadelphia wrapped up the win.