Sunday, May 18, 2008

Meeting leads to win

I didn't hear all of yesterday's game. Family things. What I did hear sounded much better. In fact, the only Met whose performance wasn't up to what I'd like was Santana. Still, he wasn't awful and it was good enough to win the game. And, as everybody seems to agree, the Mets needed to win that one.

Overall, I'm tired of the games against the Yankees and interleague overall. Maybe if I lived in New York the games against the Yankees would seem more exciting, but the novelty is gone and now all we have are games full of media intensity, but lacking in importance. Met fans are smart enough to know that games against the NL East are way more important than games against the Yankees.

*****
How about the Mets having their best team meeting in the Randolph era? I find that funny, but if it helps get this team in gear, who cares?

There are times when being a long way from New York is a blessing. I've seen some vague references to Giambi and a gold thong and all I can say is I'm glad I don't really know what the hell this is about and I'd rather know no more, thanks.