Saturday, April 26, 2008

Chopped down at Shea

When I talked about the Rangers' inability to hold a lead, I was talking about hockey only. The Mets are more than their equal.

Howie sounded lifeless, listless in the 8th and 9th last night. I don't know if that's how the team looked, but if I were go to by how Howie sounded, I'd say they looked pretty dead.

Again, the moment for a serious change is here.

Fallen Angel? How his star has waned. "That ball is probably caught on most occasions" according to Wayne on the double by Francouer in the 5th. It is kind of surprisng how much playing time Pagan's still getting considering his cooled bat and his weak defense. All the while Endy is getting rusty.

Howie: "Pelfrey seems to pitch best when he has a lot of rest - not good on the fifth day". I thought that was an interesting - and pretty damning - observation from Howie. If Pelfrey can't pitch every 5th day, he's of no use as a starter.

Wayne was happy to be back in Shea's broadcast booth after being so high in Nationals' booth. Howie was a little circumspect, probably because his youth was spent in the upper deck at Shea.