Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Introduction

I've been toying with this idea for a while now. I don't see the Mets too often because I live in Ireland and our channel for baseball - NASN - loves the Yankees and the Red Sox. For the most part I follow the Mets via MLB.com's Gameday audio, which I think is fantastic value at $15 per year for all the games for all the teams. They even let you choose whether you want the home or away broadcast and, if you want, you can choose the Spanish broadcast.

I first subscribed to MLB's audio service in 2006. For the past two years Howie Rose and Tom McCarthy have been my eyes. I think Rose and McCarthy were a great team and I was disappointed when I read that McCarthy had left for t.v. work with the Phillies. Now I'll have to get used to Wayne Hagin, who has taken over for McCarthy.

Seeing as we're five hours ahead of New York, I don't tend to listen live because most games start at midnight our time. I generally listen first thing in the morning while at my desk working. It's not hard to avoid finding out the results of the previous night's games since Irish radio news bulletins don't tend to carry baseball scores.

I hope to keep this going for at least this year, Shea's last. Let's Go Mets.