Saturday, April 26, 2008

The pen does the job

The Mets should have won this game easily. Hudson was out after 3 innings, Chipper's out hurt and Escobar's hurt too. This was set up for a Mets laugher.

Despite all that, I think we have to be encouraged by the fact that the Mets didn't blow this one. They got the lead in the 3rd inning and they managed to hold on to win. Despite some shakiness, the bullpen pitched 4 innings and conceded only 1 run. Sanchez - I know I'm not the only one who's letting my hopes run wild that he really is back to what we watched two years ago.

A 4-3 win today is great, that's all I can say.

Having said that, if what Wayne said in the 8th is true and Maine was pulled simply because he'd reached 100 pitches, then that's almost criminal. Hasn't anyone told Willie that the bullpen could use even a little rest?