Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Down, but not yet out

In my mind this was the game that would tell us more about how good this year's Mets will be. Will Pedro be the pretty darn good pitcher that most of us have been led to believe we'd see this year? If yes, the Mets would look very strong. If not, big question mark.

What can be said now? All the hope seems dashed this evening. Downcast describes the mood among the Flushing Faithful, but I think we're somewhat overreacting. I actually think the Mets were always going to have to find another starter this year.

I think the bigger worry is Delgado. Sure I haven't seen him yet, but from what I'm hearing from Howie (& Wayne) I get the sense that Delgado looks at best like he did last year. Uggh. That's a serious problem if Delgado's going to hit .225 in the middle of the order again.

Good job by the pen until the 2 out HR in the 10th off Wise. I'm almost starting to believe in Sosa.