Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pittsburgh 6 - Los Angeles 4

No, Met game so I opted for Pittsburgh's broadcast of the game between Pittsburgh & Los Angeles. Why? Well, this might be sacrilegious, but I absolutely cannot stand Vin Scully. I don't know if I'm the only baseball fan alive who feels this way, but his whimsical style just drives me nuts. I first started disliking Scully back in the 70s when he did the Game of the Week on NBC with Joe Garagiola.

Anyway, I thought it was over for Pittsburgh with Saito in the game and the Pirates down 4-3. Nate McLouth - off to a great start - hit a 3-run-homer to win it for the Pirates in Los Angeles. Too bad Zach Duke (yes, my fantasy team) didn't get the win. Not a bad game to listen to, although I hardly paid much attention because I was in the middle of a serious meltdown on the work front.

On the first Wednesday of every month Pirate fans can chat online with the Pirates' President. I can just imagine the Wilpons trying that.

Pirates' radio team is a pair of "we've gotta / we're going to" types. I don't care for that in my radio broadcast.