Saturday, April 12, 2008

Brooklyn beats Brewers

Now that was a solid game. Almost tension free, which I like (and needed). If not for Wright's error in the 7th it would have been a close, but comfortable win. The error just added that little bit of discomfort, but Smith took care of it.

Great job by the pitchers again, particularly Brooklyn's Nelson Figueroa, of course. But, Heilman too, which was great to see (hear, actually). Howie was great getting all excited about Abraham Lincoln High & all the other people who graduated from there as well as Figueroa (including Mrs. Rose).

So far it's tough to score runs at Shea. Howie's been discussing the winds and the effect of Citifield. Maybe or maybe it's just cold and early in the year. I like it anyway. I've always been a 3-2 guy.

I'm looking forward to another Santana start this afternoon. Going up against Sheets. I hope the Mets score more than they did the last time Johan pitched.